Dear K-2 teachers,
- Are you wondering how to create a classroom full of engaged and independent writers?
- Are you wondering exactly what writing lessons you're supposed to teach throughout the year?
- Are you wishing you'd received training on researched-based practices for getting primary authors to move from scribbles and sketches to published writing pieces?
Well then guess what... you're already an AMAZING teacher.
Figuring out how to best meet the needs of our students despite all the challenges thrown our way makes us teachers great at what we do. Now, it's time to get you the resources and guidance you need to help your students thrive. That's where the SJT Writing Club comes in!
Let's play a game...Picture this:
- You look around your classroom. There's a gentle hum of whispers and pencils moving on paper because every student is actively writing
- You walk over to a student's work and laugh out loud because you can actually hear their voice coming through in their funny story
- You are able to confer with students 1-on-1, listen to their stories, and offer guidance easily because the rest of the class are so caught up in their own writing at their own pace
Okay, are you ready for the best part?!
That's all possible. I know it is because I've done it. Time and time again!
It'll take work, don't get me wrong. And you'll need to put some clear, consistent procedures put in place, but I know just how to help.
Wherever you are in the Writing Workshop journey, the SJT Writing Club has resources and ideas for you!
Are you ready to save time & become a better writing teacher?!
The SJT Writing Club:
This club is an educational membership filled with like-minded teachers all trying to better their writing instruction.
Each month, members get a mix of print & teach, research-based lessons, video PD sessions, mentor text lists, rubrics, grammar/conventions small-group lessons, all based on what they want and need for their classrooms at the time!
That's right.. it's my job to make your job easier!
What's included in the membership?
Grab tons of detailed lessons for over 8 different writing genres (and counting). Each unit comes with a printable mentor text list, anchor charts, modeled teacher examples, and more. Just print & teach!
Wondering how to set up your writing block? Looking for ideas to get students to add more details to their writing? Watch tons of videos for quick lessons and tips you can implement in your classroom right away.
support & collaboration
Join our exclusive Facebook group and ask questions based on what is happening in your classroom. Each year our students have different needs, so let's support one another and collaborate!
What current members are saying:
Highlights from the club:
Within this membership, we cover so many great writing topics throughout the year. Some of the highlights include:
- Launching writing workshop:
- tips, tricks, books, and more to set the foundation for you and your students
- Illustrations tell the story:
- we go over ways to get your youngest learners storytelling from the beginning of the year (even when they don't have the words for their stories just yet!)
- Adding text and details:
- strategies to help your students get their thoughts and ideas on paper
- Units and lessons:
- within the club, there are already ready-to-use lessons for personal narratives, how-to booklets, persuasive letters, realistic fiction, poetry, informative research books, writing reviews, and more
- Mentor text lists and grading rubrics:
- for each unit I create, I include mentor text lists with both old and current texts. I also include rubrics for grading and publishing checklists to help students produce their best work
- Editing & revision:
- we lay the groundwork for our primary students to go back into their texts to edit and revise their work
- Conferring, Publishing, Celebrating & More!
- throughout the year, we talk about best practice when it comes to conferring with students, publishing our stories, and celebrating student work so they're encouraged to keep on writing!
Frequently Asked Questions
What teachers usually ask before joining the SJT Writing Club!
My school requires me to use a certain curriculum. Will the club still be beneficial to me?
What is the difference between the SJT Writing Club and the course, The First Grade Writing Formula?
Can my school/district pay for this membership for me?
Can you remind me of everything I get when I sign up today?
I can't wait to spend the year learning with you!
Each year I get SO excited to form a mastermind of like-minded teachers who love teaching (and learning) as much as I do! My goal for the SJT Writing Club is to provide lessons, support, and encouragement throughout the year!
If you have any other questions, feel free to email me ([email protected]) and I will be happy to answer them for you.